Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Other Woman Review

Like my Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/pardewreview
Pin Jon Pardew Movie Review
Rotten Tomatoes: 44%

Opening: April 25th

Rated: PG-13
Sexual Content: 7/10
Violence: 4/10
Profanity: 6/10 - 1 F mouthed not voiced.  Various S and A and B.  A man is flipped off once.
Drugs/Alcohol: 9/10 - Lots of drinking.

IMDb: After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly soon meets the wife he's been cheating on. And when yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on the three-timing SOB.

I'm not a fan of movies about people cheating on their spouses.  That being said I thought it was respectable to see Carly (Camron Diaz) drop the guy she had been dating after she found out he was married.  She was falling in love with him, yet he was married so she dropped him.  She had a line drawn and would not cross it showing that she had some moral standards.   

So, as you can probably tell, this got me thinking about boundaries.  When I was a kid I didn't have to have my own boundaries because my parents set them for me.  They were known for a different name, and I didn't particularly like them, but they did keep me safe. Yep, Rules! As an adult there are no boundaries so we set them for themselves.  Why do we do this?  Well, I suppose it is to keep ourselves safe.  That is what Carly did when she dropped that guy in the movie.  If only she was a little more stricter with her standards she could have saved herself a lot of embarrassment.

Nicki Minaj was annoying, but we knew that before she was even in movies right. I give this one a 5/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment